As you educate yourself on the health value of the foods you eat, you may come to realize that the Nations health crises has a lot to do with the focus on cutting fat. Or maybe I should say avoiding natural fat containing foods from the U.S. dietary recommendations and replacing them with low-fat foods has stripped away nutrients that helped keep us healthy.
We know that fat is involved in brain, eye and nerve health. Fat has been linked to improvements in
- Cardiovascular health
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Prenatal health
- Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
And the list goes on and on… Here are a list of high fat foods that provide more nutrition than you thought:
- Butter: vitamin A &D,lecithin,and vitamin E and selenium, iodine
- Coconut: minerals: potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and manganese, iron, zinc and copper, selenium as well as vitamins: B1 and 6, C E, K and riboflavin, pantothenic acid, folate
- Avocado: (20 essential nutrients) monounsaturated fat, fiber, potassium, magnesium Vitamin E,K, B & C vitamins and folic acid
- Chocolate:(72% or higher cocoa) flavonols, antioxidants and helps stimulate serotonin, theobromine (a mild stimulant and diuretic action), caffeine, phenylethylamine, minerals, including magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, copper, potassium and manganese and vitamins such as vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, C, E and pantothenic acid.
- Nuts & seeds, vitamins: B1, 2, 6, C, E, niacin, pantothenic acid, folate and minerals:potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, iron, selenium, zinc, manganese, copper
So eat for your health and strip those negative thoughts about fat. You will get to your health and weight goals much easier while supplying your body with the nutrients it needs.
More interesting “reads”: