The new year is a time when we place focus on eating right and losing weight. If calorie counting has not made a dent in attaining your goal weight, try these 3 easy tips in 2012 and it will forever make a difference in your life.
- Switch your fixation on counting calories to a focus on “foods that fuel”
- Read food labels to ensure you are buying foods that are not loaded with unwanted extras
- Exercise your “MOM” (Mind Over Mouth) before eating anything
Whether you want to lose weight or just want to make better food choices these three tips are “IN” for 2012. Counting calories is “OUT” because:
1. people use this as an excuse to eat low-calorie low nutrient foods in way too many portions
2. 100 calorie snack packs are 75 calories more than a serving of non-starchy veggies like cherry tomatoes, celery or sliced cucumber
3. Eating your total calorie allowance in the form of junk food is not nourishing
Unprocessed “foods that fuel” contain health boosting energy to get you through the day and will give you the satisfaction that empty calorie foods (“fat- free” or “low-calorie” commercially prepared food) cannot provide.
Wanna list of “foods that fuel”? You got it! It’ll be waiting here for you next week.